6th edition of the “Jazz at the Wineries” welcomes Lagos-based Marta Rodrigues Quartet
The “Jazz nas Adegas” (Jazz at the Wineries) initiative is back for another weekend of musical entertainment and wine tasting. On February 24 and 25, at 9pm and 7pm respectively, the Marta Rodrigues Quarteto will take the stage at Cabrita Wines.
According to the organization, “The young singer’s quartet will play covers of some of the most iconic Brazilian songs and others from the American songbook, harmonizing the rawness of jazz improvisation with the lyricism of the songs”.
The public will have the opportunity to listen to the Lagos-based quartet, composed of Marta Rodrigues (voice), Pablo Lapidusas (piano), Hugo Santos (double bass) and Rui Filipe Freitas (drums), and taste some of the producer’s wines accompanied by local delicacies.
The remaining sessions of the 6th edition of Jazz nas Adegas will take place on the following days and locations with the following artists:
- Herdade Barranco do Vale / Philharmonic Jazz Combo: March 10 – 9pm and March 11 at 5pm
- Quinta do Rogel / String Reed Trio: March 24 – 9pm and March 25 – 5pm
- Quinta João Clara / Nuno Carpinteiro: April 14 – 9pm and April 15 – 5pm
- Barranco Longo / Las Guitarras Locas: April 28 – 9pm and April 29 – 9pm
- Paxá Wines / Analog Music Project: May 12 – 9pm and and May 13 – 5pm
- Convento do Paraíso / Manouche Station: May 26 – 9pm and May 27 – 5pm
The events are organized by the Municipality of Silves in partnership with the Silves wine producers, the Silves Sul School Group and the Algarve Barmen’s Association.
Tickets cost €20 (including the concert, wine and tapas, a voucher to visit Silves Castle and the Municipal Museum of Archeology, and a bottle of wine).
Tickets can be purchased at BOL.pt (online), FNAC, Worten, El Corte Inglés, and CTT Correios platforms. The event is for music and wine lovers aged 18 and over.
Stay up to date with: