Italy’s prestigious pizzeria guide highlighted Arte Bianca as one of the best in the world
Aljezur restaurant Arte Bianca is among the 50 best pizzerias in Europe, according to Italy’s prestigious pizzeria guide 50 Top Pizza Europe 2022.
The restaurant is placed 49th in the ranking which also features another Portuguese restaurant – Lisbon’s renowned Forno d’Oro (16th).
Manuela Mattavelli, founder of the Arte Bianca Group which also runs two further pizzerias in Arrifana and Sagres, is over the moon with the recognition, describing it as the result of the restaurant team’s commitment to “bring the best of this dish from Italy, the country from which we came to invest in Portugal with the opening of the Arte Bianca restaurants.
“We prioritise the quality of the dough and seasonal products along with an attentive room service and the comfort of our space, criteria which are also taken into consideration in the selection of the restaurants that are part of this contest,” Mattavelli said.
“We believe this distinction will arouse the curiosity of Portuguese people and tourists, even more, to get to know the essence of Arte Bianca and the work, passion and love we have for good food and Italian cuisine,” the founder added.
The 50 Top Pizza Europe ranking is put together based on several factors, from the quality of a restaurant’s service and waiting time to the existence of a wine menu, its selection of beers and, of course, the quality of its pizza.
“As with all of the rankings under the 50 Top brand, 50 Top Europe 2022 is the result of an annual process carried out by inspectors which collaborate with this project and which have assessed an enormous number of pizzerias located throughout the entire European continent,” the team behind the ranking says on its website.
“In compliance with our policy, they always work under a strict guise of anonymity. The criteria for assessment encompass the overall attention given to the customer beginning, of course, with the quality of the products used,” it adds.
50 Top Pizza Europe 2022: review of the Arte Bianca Restaurant
“This establishment is located in the deep, southern part of Portugal where agriculture and tourism are the two main sources of income. The furnishings are spartan but welcoming, and the place has a philosophy which combines flavor with health-consciousness. The pizza has a Neapolitan shape but the dough, which is obtained with natural leavening, is crunchy and in the Roman style. It is served in slices, also common in Rome.
“The Italian owners are very attentive in their selection of the raw ingredients, many of which are imported from the homeland, and enriched by a vegetable garden cared for by the owners themselves. There is a good choice of beers, and a few wines. The service is kind, welcoming and enthusiastic. The pizza is complemented by a few classic Italian dishes. Takeaway is also available.”
The full ranking
- Peppe Pizzeria – Paris, Francia
- Fratelli Figurato – Madrid, Spain
- 50 Kalò London – London, England
- Bæst – Copenhagen, Denmark
- Sartoria Panatieri – Barcellona, Spain
- Via Toledo Enopizzeria – Vienna, Austria
- Pizza Zulù – Fürth, Germany
- La Piola Pizza – Brussels, Belgium
- Kytaly – Geneva, Switzerland
- La Balmesina – Barcellona, Spain
- nNea – Amsterdam, Netherlands
- La Pizza è Bella Gourmet – Brussels, Belgium
- Napoli on The Road – London, England
- Malafemmena – Berlin, Germany
- Pizzeria Luca – Copenhagen, Denmark
- Forno d’Oro – Lisbon, Portugal
- 400° Laboratorio – Paris, France
- L’Antica Pizzeria – London, England
- The Dough Bro – Galway, Ireland
- San Gennaro – Zurich, Switzerland
- ‘O Ver – London, England
- Forza – Helsinki, Finland
- Guillaume Grasso – Paris, France
- Surt – Copenhagen, Denmark
- Futura Neapolitan Pizza – Berlin, Germany
- Pizzeria Luca – Helsinki, Finland
- 60 Secondi Pizza Napoletana – Munich, Germany
- Ostro.– Gdańsk, Poland
- 450°C – Turku, Finland
- Ciao a Tutti– Warsaw, Poland
- Verace – Nova Gorica, Slovenia
- Marcella – Brussels, Belgium
- Belli di Mamma – Budapest, Hungary
- De Superette – Gent, Belgium
- Majstor I Margarita – Belgrade, Serbia
- Oro di Napoli – Santa Cruz de Tenerife, Spain
- Pietra – Belgrade, Serbia
- Cinquecento – London, England
- Casa Nostra – Munich, Germany
- IMperfetto – Puteaux, France
- Matto Napoletano – Skopje, Republic of North Macedonia
- Demaio – Bilbao, Spain
- Pop’s Pizza – Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Kaja Pizza Köök – Tallinn, Estonia
- Franko’s Pizza & Bar – Zagreb, Croatia
- Street Pizza – Riga, Latvia
- Zielona Górka – Pabianice, Poland
- Animaletto Pizza Bar – Bucarest, Romania
- Arte Bianca – Aljezur, Portugal
- Pizzeria MaMeMi – Copenhagen, Denmark
Source: Portugal Resident Newspaper
6th Algarve International Piano Festival this May 20
The best places to eat in the Algarve
Follow Essential Algarve Magazine on Instagram and Facebook for more news!
Share with others:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)