The Sovereign Art Foundation is currently hosting the Students Prize Portugal 2022 featuring the best 30 artworks by Portuguese students
After awarding the winner of the Sovereign Portuguese Art Prize, Jorge Queiroz, the Sovereign Art Foundation is also currently hosting the Students Prize Portugal 2022 featuring artworks produced by secondary school students, featuring a silent auction and also a ‘Public Vote Prize‘ online.
The SAF Students Prize is an annual award established in Portugal in 2017, which emphasises the importance of the arts in the education system, and is sponsored by jewellery designer Maria João Bahia.
The best-voted artwork by the judges will receive €500 and €1,500 for their school, and the Public Vote Prize winner will get €300 for themselves and €800 for their school.
The panel of judges is comprised of the founder Maria João Bahia, artists Tessa Wirz Obermeister and Samar Singh Jodha, the Member of the Technical Council of the National Society of Fine Arts (SNBA) Irene Gonçalves, the CEO at Fundação da Juventude Carla da Cruz, contemporary art collector and the founder of Rialto6 Armando Cabral, and Howard Bilton, chairman and founder of The Sovereign Group.
Secondary schools across Portugal nominated their best art students to submit artworks online. A separate judging panel then shortlisted the 30 best artworks for the Finalists’ Exhibition, which will tour concurrently with the Sovereign Portuguese Art Prize, paralleling the artists of today alongside the talent of tomorrow.
Student artworks will be sold through a silent auction at the agreement of each student, with sale proceeds and fundraising income split equally between the student and SAF.
Everyone is invited to vote for the ‘Public Vote Prize’ until August 15
The public is invited to vote for their favourite artwork, the most popular of which will receive the Public Vote Prize. Some works are available for sale in a silent auction. You can click on the artworks to view, vote and bid. The vote and silent auction closes on 15 August. Anyone can vote here.
- Davi Cardoso Guapyassú Santiago, Human retrocession
- Bia Perreira, Butterfly soul
- Isabella Caires Rodrigues, (A)SIMETRIA
- Alan Dawson, A concrete utopia
- Sara Lopes, (IN)SECURE
- Lara Sofia Araujo Silva, Animais
- Sofia Maria Leitão Correia, Carnage
- Anais Cloe Penedo Pereira, Chaos of creation
- Beatriz Gaspar, Despair
- Rodrigo Otero Soares, Dopamine addiction
- Mario Ferreira, Dystopia
- Evelina Vetrici, Connection with nature
- Bernardo Sousa, “É a hora!’
- Sara Costa Pereira Teixeira, Fading away
- Tiago Silva, Eyesight
- Beatriz Santos, Felipe with the head of Bolsonaro
- Sofia Saturnino, From scratch to a little something
- Amélia Carneiro Zhu, Going North
- Carolina Santos, Nós, as três
- Duarte Dias Figueira, I’m only human
- Maria Lazutina, Portas do sol
- Diogo Martins Rodrigues, Small in the clouds
- Rafael de Almeida Costa Pereira, Quarta feira
- Maria Coelho, José Saramago
- Rita dos Santos Machado, The 5 stages of grief
- Diogo Aires Silva Moreira, The world seen by children
- Marta Magalhães, The two girls blindfolded
- Maria Barbara Martinho Fernandes, Unidade
- Beatriz Pinto Ferreira, Time of change
- Carolina Vidal, The transmutation spell
To see all the artworks visit the Students Prize Portugal 2022 list.